Friday, November 22, 2013

Dining Room Makeover

One of the first purchases my boyfriend and I made for our home was an Amish built dining room table set. I am so in love with everything about it, from the color to the comfort, it is absolutely stunning. While it is not completely finished yet, I wanted to share some before and after pictures.

Here is the dining room on the day of settlement. I was excited that the room already had chair rail and that the color was so neutral that we basically had a blank canvas.


I originally picked the darker blue color and what turned out to be a teal color. After a second trip to our local Sherwin Williams, we decided on Open Seas. Isn't it beautiful?


Two coats of white to the bottom and here is the final product!



Here is a close up of the table, which is a rustic cherry wood.

 The color looks so different during the day and then at night.

I wish our dining room was the center piece of our house I am that obsessed. Of course I added a peacock design glass bowl from Home Goods. There's still lots to do from picking curtains, to a buffet table and, of course, some wall art. 

I hope this provides some inspiration.

If you are looking a new decorative bowl to add to your home decor, check out this Etsy Seller or Nicole Richie's pick for Joss & Main.


No comments:

Post a Comment